We want to make every ride with Hitch comfortable for our riders and drivers. Here are some guidelines for being the best rider you can be:
For your ride:
- Please be on time for your scheduled ride, at the pickup location. Our drivers will only wait 10 minutes after your chosen departure time before leaving to avoid impacting other scheduled rides. We do take a pretty firm stance on this one to keep our platform moving along smoothly.
- Please buckle up. Safety is our first priority, not to mention it's the law.
- No smoking or vaping.
- No drinking or open containers of alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Please ask your driver before eating or drinking during your ride — their car, their rules on this one.
- Please be kind and respectful to everyone in the car. We kindly suggest that you avoid conversations and topics that may be controversial or offensive in nature so everyone always feels safe and comfortable.
- When possible, opt for the backseat during solo rides to maximize personal space and practice proper social distancing.
- Please communicate at the start of the ride any needs you may have for rest stops so the driver can be sure to accommodate you if possible.
- Pickups and drop-offs should only occur at our designated locations. All Hitch rides must stop and start at our locations.
Follow up with our Customer Experience team as soon as possible if there were any concerns we can assist with.
We can only help when we know about any issues that may occur in a timely manner. We are here to help your ride be smooth and successful — so please do reach out to us if you need anything.
Rating your driver
When your ride ends, you'll be able to rate your driver on a scale from 1 to 5 stars. If you were satisfied with your driver, let them know.
Ratings less than 4 stars indicate that you were dissatisfied with some part of the drive. We use this feedback to help us constantly improve your experience. Please do let us know where we missed the mark.
Tips are not required but certainly appreciated by your driver. If you felt your driver did an exceptional job, feel free to leave them a tip and positive rating via our app.
Hitch prohibits any sort of discrimination against users based on race, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, gender identity, age, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Such discrimination includes, but is not limited to, any user refusing to provide or accept services based on any of these characteristics. Any user found to have violated this prohibition will lose access to the Hitch platform. Applicable laws in certain jurisdictions may require and/or allow the provision of services by and for the benefit of a specific category of persons. In such jurisdictions, services provided in compliance with these laws and the relevant applicable terms are permissible under this policy.
We reserve the right to remove riders from the platform if we believe they are not operating within our TOS or standards of service.