We want to make every ride with Hitch comfortable for our riders and drivers. Here are some tips for being the best rider you can be:
For your ride:
- Please be on time to the pickup location. Delays can impact your drivers schedule, and that of the other riders in the car. Our drivers will only wait 10 minutes. Anything later than that, we will have to book you on the next departure. Additional fees may apply.
- Safety is always top of mind, so please buckle up at the start of your ride. It's also the law.
- No smoking or vaping.
- No drinking or open containers of alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Eating or drinking along the ride is solely at the discretion of your driver.
- Be kind and respectful to everyone in the car - we're all working together towards a shared goal.
- We kindly suggest that you avoid conversations and topics that may be controversial or offensive in nature so everyone always feels safe and comfortable.
- Feel free to hop in the backseat on solo rides. This way, everyone has personal space.
- Communicate at the start of the ride any needs for rest stops so the driver can be sure to accommodate you.
- Pickups and drop offs should only occur at our designated locations unless otherwise discussed with the Hitch corporate office.
Follow up with our Customer Experience team as soon as possible if there were any concerns we can assist with.
We can only help when we know about any issues that may occur in a timely manner. We are here to help your ride be smooth and successful — so please do reach out to us if you need anything.
Rating your driver
When your ride ends, you'll be able to rate your driver on a scale from 1 to 5 stars. If you were satisfied with your driver, let them know.
Ratings less than 4 stars indicates that you were dissatisfied by some part of the drive. We use this feedback to help us constantly improve your experience. Please do let us know where we missed the mark.
Tips are not required, but certainly appreciated by your driver. If you felt your driver did an exceptional job, feel free to leave them a tip and positive rating via our app.
Hitch prohibits any sort of discrimination against users based on race, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, gender identity, age or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Such discrimination includes, but is not limited to, any user refusing to provide or accept services based on any of these characteristics. Any user found to have violated this prohibition will lose access to the Hitch platform. Applicable laws in certain jurisdictions may require and/or allow the provision of services by and for the benefit of a specific category of persons. In such jurisdictions, services provided in compliance with these laws and the relevant applicable terms are permissible under this policy.
We reserve the right to remove riders from the platform if we believe they are not operating within our TOS or standards of service.