Sharing a ride with someone can be a personal experience. Everyone's safety and experience are top of mind, but we also deeply care about the privacy of the data we provide. Please know we never share your data with third parties without your permission, and all information is stored on private, encrypted servers. When driver and rider information, like a phone number, is provided to allow proper pickup verification - the number given has been automatically generated and anonymized. These numbers are no longer applicable once the ride has concluded.
While rare, there may be instances in which our Customer Experience team may need to provide the rider or driver's cell number to make a last-minute connection. Your use of our application and service expressly permits our right to do so when needed. This information is provided to either party at the start of a ride for identification and connection only - and should not be used post-ride for any reason.
Post-ride, communication between the rider and driver should cease once the drop-off has occurred. All issues, questions, or further communication should be directed to our Hitch Customer Experience team.
1. Drivers and riders will receive transactional and marketing messages from Hitch via SMS.
2. You can cancel the SMS service anytime — just text "STOP" to the shortcode. After you send us the "STOP " message, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time, and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
3. If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program, you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance or get help directly at ridehitch.com or in your app via the help articles and live chat.
4. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages
5. As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. You will receive many texts from Hitch. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
Check out our other help center articles here or reach out to our support team through live chat in the app.