Drivers - Pre-ride
- Drivers are required, until otherwise notified, to disinfect all door handles and plastic surfaces that riders may interact with before each drive. Vehicles should be kept presentable according to our normal standards as well. Drivers are responsible for maintaining access to disinfectant materials and a lack of access will not be an acceptable reason for bypassing this step.
- Drivers are required to use a disinfectant spray (i.e. Lysol) in their vehicle on all seats and seat backs before and after each ride, as well as properly ventilating the vehicle.
- Physical interaction between drivers and riders should be minimized and eliminated if at all possible. Riders should expect to open and close their own doors and handle all luggage, and drivers should expect to operate rear windows if available and requested as well to remove items that may be shared between riders (chargers, courtesy items, etc.).
- Drivers who are experiencing any variety of illness-related symptoms are expected to refrain from accepting riders until they are certain they are no longer contagious or at risk as confirmed by a doctor.
- If you are experiencing symptoms unrelated, but similar to COVID-19 mask use is required.
- Failure to follow these policies will result in removal from our app.
Riders & Drivers - Pre-Ride
- Drivers and riders are required to sanitize and thoroughly wash their hands before entering their ride. Riders are required to sanitize any personal items as well and should expect to handle and load their own luggage.
- Riders should expect to open their own doors and fill the ride according to the best social distancing policies. Single riders should maximize the distance between themselves in accordance with social distancing practices.
Riders & Drivers - During-Ride
- Drivers or riders who are experiencing unrelated symptoms should disclose these symptoms at the start of the ride and a mask should be utilized.
- Drivers and riders should expect the driver to ventilate the car upon request, especially in the instance that a driver or rider begins to feel ill or experience symptoms during the ride.
- Please note that in accordance with our disbursement of this update to policy, use of the platform as a rider and driver will indicate the acceptance of these terms. All members of the Hitch rider and driver community are expected to assist us in ensuring the safety of each and every one of our users.
As a safety precaution, we will temporarily suspend the account of any driver or rider who reports a positive COVID-19 test.