Hitch transports people between cities every day and we also allow same-day shipping and delivery of certain small items* within the routes we service.
Shipping with Hitch is easy!
Book through the app.
- Make sure your app is on the 'ship' section.
- Enter your origin and destination address.
- Pick a pickup location from the options given.
- Make sure to confirm your pickup location, and drop off address.
- Select the size of your package.
- Select the time you'd like to meet the driver to begin transport.
- Review and confirm your shipping details.
- The details will live in the app for you to reference prior to departure time.
Schedule a pickup at one of our convenient locations
Hand your package over to our driver at one of our specified pickup locations. We will then deliver to addresses within our normal service area. We offer a contactless drop-off service for packages at your custom location, or you can elect to have the recipient meet the driver at one of our specified drop-off locations.
You may schedule up to two months in advance, or one hour before departure - however, delivery must happen the same day. We cannot hold items overnight.
On the day of travel
Once booked, a spot for your item is guaranteed. You will get the driver’s information 10 minutes before your item's shipping time. Once you meet up with the driver, you will hand over your item for inspection to ensure it meets Hitch guidelines for shipping.
We cannot provide any packing material - please ensure your item is contained and ready to safely transport - but accessible for viewing by our driver.
Please share the driver's contact information with the recipient and arrange for your recipient to meet the driver at the Hitch drop-off station or be available at the delivery location. If we are taking the package directly to the recipient's address, we will leave the package at the door.
We do not provide shipping insurance and while our drivers will deliver your item with the utmost of care and attention, Hitch, and our drivers, do not assume any liability for the package, or its contents during travel or once we have left the package at the intended address.
Common items you can ship using Hitch
We do not ship anything that can't legally and safely fit inside a typical 4-door sedan trunk.
This can include:
- Small to medium-sized boxes
- Care packages/food items (It is up to the shipper to adequately package or refrigerate as necessary)
- Small home appliances
*Items that are prohibited:
- Hazardous materials
- Perishable items that are not properly packaged
- Items that exceed the space constraints of the car trunk
- Live animals
- Any illegal or unsafe item
*This list is not all-inclusive. Hitch reserves the right to refuse transport of any item that our driver suspects may be unsafe, unsanitary, or illegal.
Not following these guidelines can result in the cancellation of your shipment and in this situation, a refund will not be issued.